- What business are you in?
- How did you get into that business?
- What do you enjoy most about it?
- What kind of people do you like to do business with?
- I bet you have some stories to tell? Only ask if person is in an industry where this is likely to be true
- I'm an online lead generation expert. I find ways to turn casual visitors into serious business enquiries
- I get you the people who are ready to say yes
The second doesn't fully explain what I do, but packs far more emotional punch. It provides an obvious follow-on question that most people will ask. It is more engaging, and generates more interest in my service.
I strongly recommend you develop a similar one-sentence pitch that speaks directly to the outcome your service delivers, rather than providing a technical description.